Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47933
View in linear mode

Subject: "Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Pas_EclipseMar-31-03 04:07 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
42 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47933, "Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions"

This weekend I did the Jeep throttle body modification authored by Metal Jim at http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html. In addition, I also bored out my intake manifold to match the diameter on the throttle body. DAAAAMN! Huge difference, I am very happy with the results, it feels so good! Thanks Jim! However, I had a few minor problems and have a few questions.

My car now idles at 2400 rpm. Could this be a vacuum leak, or a spring tension problem?

Directions on mounting the spring was a little unclear to me. Any info that can tell me exactly how will help.

How about resetting the ECU? The provided link for boring out the throttle body instructs you to reset the ECU once everything is assembled, should we also do this? Could this be related to my idle problem?

My gas pedal is very touchy now. I am barely pressing down on it (less than a couple of inches). Spring tension related maybe?

Off the record: Looking inside my manifold, I noticed how rough the inside surface is. Will smoothing this out also give a power gain?I assume it will, can someone post a link that will tell me how to do this?

Any info would be very helpful, and thanks in advance

Need a CAD model or drawing? I can help, E-mail me at paseclipse@yahoo.com for more info.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions [View all] , Pas_Eclipse, Mar-31-03 04:07 PM
  RE: Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions, FuSi0N, Mar-31-03 05:23 PM, #1
RE: Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions, TeamMetalJim, Mar-31-03 08:06 PM, #2
      RE: Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions, Pas_Eclipse, Apr-02-03 08:26 PM, #3
           RE: Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions, TeamMetalJim, Apr-03-03 01:00 PM, #4
                RE: Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions, Pas_Eclipse, Apr-04-03 08:46 PM, #5
                     RE: Minor Jeep throttle body problems and questions, Clay, Apr-04-03 09:17 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47933 Previous topic | Next topic