Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4451
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinJul-02-01 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4451, "WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off"

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jul-01 AT 09:30 AM (PST)

I'm doing my T-belt and headgasket now. This is my first time attempting this. Its been fine so far...but. I can't get all of the bolts out of the passengers side motor mount bracket. Its the aluminum bracket that bolts to the engine. There are 2 bolts that will not come out. I pull them out as far as they go, but they hit the chassis...no go. I got the others out by raising or lowering the engine. I can't seem to lower the engine enough to get these out. I've cut away the t-belt plastic shield, so I can get better access, but still no luck. Am I trying the right things? I've lowered the cross member under the tranny so I can lower the engine more...but its not enough yet. I would like some advice before I keep lowering the engine (don't want it to fall out :o).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off [View all] , ModeratorCorbin, Jul-02-01 04:29 AM
  RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, John99RS, Jul-02-01 04:46 AM, #1
RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-02-01 07:02 AM, #2
      RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, XT_DSM, Jul-02-01 09:08 AM, #3
           RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, Greg, Jul-03-01 08:05 AM, #4
                RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-04-01 09:19 AM, #5
                     RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, gzrs99, Jul-05-01 02:06 PM, #6
                          RE: WTF! motor mount bracket won't come off, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-06-01 10:54 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4451 Previous topic | Next topic