Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4341
View in linear mode

Subject: "DSM GURU's! HELP! Car is running very bad when on temp." Previous topic | Next topic
95RS_overseesJun-29-01 06:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4341, "DSM GURU's! HELP! Car is running very bad when on temp."

HELP! All,

My '95 RS m/t is running bad eventually. It's preformance is not that good when cold, it holds back under 4000, but at least it keeps running. Above 4000 rpm no problem, pulls like horses.

But eventually when driving a while with asking power, engine starts to hesitate more, revs going slowly up without pushing the accelerator more. Then just like that the rev meter starts dancing, but the engines revs go down and eveytually does not give power and stalls. Have to wait to cool engine down.

I replaced spark plugs, coils, plug wires (last year). Did not help.

Mechanic checked timing of belt, looks ok.

I do get the pulsed 2nd air solenoid code (CEL). Could this cause the problems? As I am oversees, cannot go for the recall, need to fix it myself. How can I fool the ECU the solenoid is ok? Then I can remove it. What other options? PLEASE HELP!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4341 Previous topic | Next topic