Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134614
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cam Identification Question" Previous topic | Next topic
ProgressJul-17-11 05:20 PM
Member since Jul 23rd 2010
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134614, "Cam Identification Question"

Hello all, I am not new to this sight by far, but this is my first post. I have searched and searched, here, DSMTuners, DSMTalk, and even tried looking on Google but I still dont have ANY information... So I turn to the one place that has more info on this than anywhere else. I have 2 2gnt's, one I bought already turbo, it really didnt have any supporting mods to go along with the turbo, so I searched here and have now built a decent car, now the other I was going to leave alone and just use as a super clean DD, but like with most gearheads, nothing stays that way for too long. About a year ago I bought a set of Crower stage 2 turbo cams and adjustable cam gears for the already turboed car, they came brand new in the box with the card and all, those are running beautiful, I couldnt love them better, so I just bought another set used from a guy in another town close to me for the unmodded 2g because I plan to litely turbo that one also. The Crower cams that I bought a year ago came with the numbers stamped on the end where the camgear goes and it also says Crower, these cams I just bought were said to be Crower stage 2 turbo cams also but dont have any of the same markings, so I am here trying to find if anyone can help me find out what these cams REALLY are. Here are the numbers that are on these cams along with some ingraving of sorts...
First set of numbers on the intake cam
030236 431-9506
This is whats "ingraved"
Mit/246
2SR-8
431-50-06
CR
Numbers found on the exhaust cam
030237 431-9516

Mit/246
2SR-8
431-50-06
CR

Can someone help me please, nothing matches to Crower's website for any cam. I dont know if these are regrinds or if they are new because I cant find anything in the way of specs. I will say this much, they dont look like factory cams, they dont have the markings of a factory cam plus these have what looks to be a faded gold/bronze finish on the shaft. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Cam Identification Question [View all] , Progress, Jul-17-11 05:20 PM
  RE: Cam Identification Question, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-17-11 06:31 PM, #1
RE: Cam Identification Question, Progress, Jul-17-11 07:03 PM, #2
      RE: Cam Identification Question, Progress, Jul-17-11 07:50 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134614 Previous topic | Next topic