Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127232
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: P1494 - Can't figure it out. Need the light off." Previous topic | Next topic
Ebster1085Aug-17-09 06:16 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127244, "RE: P1494 - Can't figure it out. Need the light off."
In response to In response to 2

Yes, that is the exact part I am referring to. It has been debated whether or not boost causes this part to malfunction, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it does. The inner thin rubber diaphragm is only meant to see vacuum pressure. It sits on a shaft that has 4 protruding sides to it for rigidity, like a cross pattern. When the diaphragm sees boost and flexes the opposite way it is designed to, towards the four sided shaft, the square edges of the shaft eventually wear it down and will tear it. When this happens the seal is shot and you will throw codes for an EVAP system leak. It happened to me, and as soon as I diagnosed the problem and replaced the valve, the CEL went off and has not come back on since.

You do not have to drop the fuel tank. Just jack up the back of the car and you will see the valve situated right behind (towards the back of the car) the fuel tank. Pull it out of its clip, remove the four hoses, and replace it.

Let me know if this does the trick.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

P1494 - Can't figure it out. Need the light off. [View all] , WIDECLIPSE, Aug-14-09 08:41 AM
  RE: P1494 - Can't figure it out. Need the light off., Ebster1085, Aug-17-09 06:11 AM, #1
RE: P1494 - Can't figure it out. Need the light off., WIDECLIPSE, Aug-17-09 04:28 PM, #2
      RE: P1494 - Can't figure it out. Need the light off., Ebster1085, Aug-17-09 06:16 PM #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127232 Previous topic | Next topic