Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127124
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management" Previous topic | Next topic
Black CottonAug-08-09 09:54 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127135, "RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management"
In response to In response to 7

well terry that is the problem i am having i guess.

i can kinda self tune the port-fueler, get used to tuning on the set springs in the wastegates aka roughly 11lbs, and basically store my datalogs and make my own adjustments.

or i can just get it over with, dump everything and buy the DFI or EMS ect, install it, hand the car over to him and let him do what he has been known to do in my area for years.

i assume hes rec the DFI because that is what he feels most comfortable with.

his main reason mainly a concern is the amt of money i have in the motor and the slower sampling rates of the SS and the stock ignition map piggy backed by the DIS 2 for retard just wont be safe enough for 25+ lbs on such a large turbo. hes even concerned on track days that a simple air to air wont be enough, and wants me to convert to ice to air which would totally take away from my street-ability all together.

that is where i am torn. on one hand what i already have is more me friendly, where as the DFI will offer me substantially more power, safer on the track, and what this guy is telling me can be streetable at the same time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tuning Concerns - types of management [View all] , Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 11:10 AM
  RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, VelocitaPaola, Aug-08-09 02:58 PM, #1
RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-08-09 03:43 PM, #2
RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 03:49 PM, #3
      RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 03:50 PM, #4
      RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-08-09 04:06 PM, #5
      RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, VelocitaPaola, Aug-08-09 08:39 PM, #6
           RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-08-09 09:18 PM, #7
                RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 09:54 PM #8
                     RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, VelocitaPaola, Aug-08-09 10:38 PM, #9
                     RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-09-09 09:11 AM, #10
                          RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-09-09 10:33 AM, #11
                               RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-09-09 04:31 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127124 Previous topic | Next topic