Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127124
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management" Previous topic | Next topic
VelocitaPaolaAug-08-09 08:39 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127133, "RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management"
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by Black Cotton
stock pcm and split second are capacitive analog computers much slower then DFI's digital transistive...

That doesn't make any sense. The transistor is the fundamental unit of every contemporary microprocessor, not the capacitor. Furthermore, analog computers are insanely rare; you wouldn't find one under the hood of your car. Lastly, the stock PCM runs relatively quickly at 8MHz.

Maybe something got lost in translation, but the things you just said sound like they came straight from the mouth of an uninformed, over-zealous salesman.

Originally posted by Black Cottonhe thinks that with my set up which is capable of over 500whp, is too much for such a primitive slower style computer to compensate and keep up. with the DFI you can switch the ignition from waste spark to a squential spark system and run 4 individual coils or such to tune each cylinder for spark, and yada yada, their are benefits however the DFI unit is close to 2400 bucks, plus sensors, then i still have to have it tuned like the situation i am in now. plus the DFI is a learning computer, it has a base map, and as you dyno it, it compensates fuel, then you just go in and add and take away fuel where it tells you to and how much, same with the spark... (so i am told by this guy i dont know much about it).

Nearly all of those features you mentioned are available and easily implemented with a Megasquirt system, for about a fifth of the cost of an Accel DFI system. In fact, those features are common to most engine management systems. If you can't fine tune the fuel and spark maps, then what's the point of an EMS?

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tuning Concerns - types of management [View all] , Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 11:10 AM
  RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, VelocitaPaola, Aug-08-09 02:58 PM, #1
RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-08-09 03:43 PM, #2
RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 03:49 PM, #3
      RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 03:50 PM, #4
      RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-08-09 04:06 PM, #5
      RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, VelocitaPaola, Aug-08-09 08:39 PM #6
           RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-08-09 09:18 PM, #7
                RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-08-09 09:54 PM, #8
                     RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, VelocitaPaola, Aug-08-09 10:38 PM, #9
                     RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-09-09 09:11 AM, #10
                          RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Black Cotton, Aug-09-09 10:33 AM, #11
                               RE: Tuning Concerns - types of management, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-09-09 04:31 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127124 Previous topic | Next topic