Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #126688
View in linear mode

Subject: "Odd starting issue / be prepared to read " Previous topic | Next topic
mysteryclipse21Jul-19-09 07:22 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2006
82 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126688, "Odd starting issue / be prepared to read "

Ok, so heres my situation. I just completed my head gasket install the other day, topped off fluids, and re charged my battery with my little charger. I get my car started the next day, takes a *little* bit to turn it over, but it does fire up. I realized though that I didnt put the EGR block-off plate back on so I was blowing flames out the side of the head. Put that back on, she starts right back up fine.

So then, I take it around the block a little bit and I notice that my car is intermittently losing electrical power (dash dimming, radio turning on and off, etc) and she finally does just die. I get out, check under the hood, shrug, then get back in, try it again and notice that my car is making a weird humming noise inside that seems to be corresponding to the electrical charge from my car (ex. if I hit the window button the sound changes). I check my connections, and notice that my CAS was basically just dangling there (forgot to tighten it in all the way) screw it in all the way, try to start it, nothing. I dont understand how I was able to start it in the 1st place (Could it be upside down or something?)

The car will turn and turn and turn but never just fire up now. When i open the door to my car, the humming noise comes back, the little red light that says if a door is open is dim, and my oil pressure gauge goes to 100 psi. With the key in the on position the noise is still there. The lights wont turn on, the windows wont roll down, radio doesn't come on, nothing. When i go to turn it over, the humming noise will go away for as long as I try cranking it. I dont have a battery tester, but i did try jump starting it and using my little charger. I guess what I dont understand is how it did fire up, I let it warm up for ~10 minutes (however now that i think about it, it did randomly die while warming up and re-start itself), drove a little bit, and now its just like this. I had to push it home 1/3 of a mile which sucked. I havent driven this since May, I miss it bad I know this is alot to read, and if i remember anything else or if more detail is needed, ill chime in with it. Thanks!

HRC Stage IV

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Odd starting issue / be prepared to read [View all] , mysteryclipse21, Jul-19-09 07:22 PM
  RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-19-09 10:08 PM, #1
RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , StarTurboEclipse, Jul-20-09 07:54 AM, #2
      RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Jul-20-09 02:25 PM, #3
           RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , whtclipse98, Jul-21-09 01:01 AM, #4
           RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , Moderatorteklein, Jul-21-09 04:47 AM, #5
                RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Jul-21-09 09:46 AM, #6
                     RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , Moderatorteklein, Jul-21-09 11:33 AM, #7
                          RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Jul-22-09 03:45 PM, #8
                               RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Jul-27-09 11:36 AM, #9
                                    RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , RoninEclipse2G, Jul-27-09 01:14 PM, #10
                                         RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Jul-28-09 11:02 AM, #11
                                              RE: Odd starting issue, mysteryclipse21, Jul-30-09 12:15 PM, #12
                                              RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , ez, Jul-30-09 05:09 PM, #14
                                                   RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , RoninEclipse2G, Jul-30-09 05:42 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Aug-12-09 03:13 PM, #17
RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , thedawg, Jul-30-09 02:24 PM, #13
RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Aug-04-09 02:54 PM, #16
      RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Aug-12-09 03:17 PM, #18
           RE: Odd starting issue / be prepared to read , mysteryclipse21, Aug-18-09 05:03 PM, #19

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #126688 Previous topic | Next topic