Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122466
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal" Previous topic | Next topic
saikouJan-20-06 11:29 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122478, "RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal"
In response to In response to 11
Jan-20-06 11:33 AM by saikou

UPDATE: (both sensor connectors(w/ harnesses) were purchased at AUTOZONE)

Although I have already replaced both the Camshaft Position sensor and Crankshaft Position sensor as stated, I'm going to update this thread for anyone having any problems with throwing Check Engine Lights for any of the two sensors. Hopefully this thread will be of importance to future problems other 2GNT members are having.

It's been one day since I replaced my sensor from a CEL I received the other week. Unfortunately, I am now getting CEL code #54 (Camshaft Position Sensor). I have also received code 11 numerous times before I even replaced the Crankshaft Position sensor. I have already replaced the Camshaft Position sensor weeks before and my car still bucks violantly with the RPM gauge going crazy. During this, code 54 appears during the keydance. To clear things up if you did not understand this... both my sensors are brand new and I still get code 54. My ECU will also reset the codes on it's on, without disconnecting the negative terminal or using a scantool to erase the code. When the ECU does this, the car will loose power for a split second and then return to normal. I'm not certain if my ECU is faulty or that possibly the harness for the Camshaft Position sensor is shorting out due to the removed EGR tube (a very common problem for those without a blocked EGR; the EGR pipe will occasionally become very hot and melt the harness, explosing the wires for the Camshaft Position sensor, possibly causing a short). I'll splice in some new wires to see if that fixes the problem. Also, I have a perfect idle of 750-800RPM.

From searching other threads, I have learnt that if you have a bad Crankshaft Position sensor and a good Camshaft Position sensor, that one or the other will make the other look bad... regardless if sensor A is good; a bad sensor B will make sensor A not function correctly and you may get a CEL from either one. I guess they rely on each other to have the car operate properly, correct me if I am wrong. I'm really just at a lose for words from why my car is still having problems. Would anyone like to enlighten me with some explanations?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

#&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal [View all] , saikou, Jan-18-06 12:23 PM
  RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, TeamDR1665, Jan-18-06 12:30 PM, #1
RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-18-06 12:49 PM, #2
RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, sike, Jan-18-06 12:55 PM, #3
RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, saikou, Jan-18-06 12:58 PM, #4
      RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, BlackMagic, Jan-18-06 01:47 PM, #5
           RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-18-06 02:48 PM, #6
                RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, saikou, Jan-18-06 04:45 PM, #7
                     RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, sike, Jan-18-06 05:07 PM, #8
                          RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, sonikbewm, Jan-18-06 06:35 PM, #9
                               RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, saikou, Jan-19-06 11:18 AM, #10
                                    RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, TeamDR1665, Jan-19-06 12:35 PM, #11
                                         RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, saikou, Jan-20-06 11:29 AM #12
                                              RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, saikou, Jan-21-06 05:52 PM, #13
                                                   RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-21-06 10:15 PM, #14
                                                        RE: #&*%! Crank Shaft Position Sensor Removal, saikou, Jan-22-06 07:13 AM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122466 Previous topic | Next topic