Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #120697
View in linear mode

Subject: "another idle/bogging question (a little different)" Previous topic | Next topic
muscle_mitsuNov-13-06 02:42 AM
Member since Oct 17th 2006
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120697, "another idle/bogging question (a little different)"

I've just been reading through the other idle questions and didn't see any that were quite like mine. I've had my 95 rs for about three weeks now and it ran great when I got it but i'm having trouble now. I only have problems when I start it for the first/second time, depending on how long I drive it. When I first start it up it starts ok but dies almost immediately if I don't rev it up. It doesn't sputter at all, just flat out dies. It doesn't seem to help to rev and hold it to warm it up a little but once I've driven a block or so it will idle OK. When it idles it will usually idle right around 1g but then it skips around and will go up to 1.5-.7 or die down to like 600. Then it'll usually just die out completely. At first it only died when idling but this moring it died while I was driving for the first time. I drove about a mile this morning, parked for half an hour then drove it back. When i got back I parked it and let it idle. It was just a little shaky for about ten seconds and then started to run perfectly smooth and I don't expect to have problems with it for the rest of the day, if it goes like usual. Any ideas?

Oh and I forgot to mention, I can usually smell gas when I park it but have not seen any leaks. Thanks for the help.

1995 eclipse, dropped--1981 camaro z28, 360hp

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

another idle/bogging question (a little different) [View all] , muscle_mitsu, Nov-13-06 02:42 AM
  RE: another idle/bogging question (a little different), eclipse982nrRST, Nov-13-06 02:45 AM, #1
RE: another idle/bogging question (a little different), muscle_mitsu, Nov-13-06 02:50 AM, #2
      RE: another idle/bogging question (a little different), muscle_mitsu, Nov-13-06 03:45 PM, #3
           RE: another idle/bogging question (a little different), muscle_mitsu, Nov-15-06 06:33 AM, #4
                RE: another idle/bogging question (a little different), Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-15-06 08:46 AM, #5
                     RE: another idle/bogging question (a little different), muscle_mitsu, Nov-15-06 08:27 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #120697 Previous topic | Next topic