Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #114290
View in linear mode

Subject: "1995 Eagle Talon ESI.....ideas..." Previous topic | Next topic
screamingdemonSep-26-08 01:45 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2006
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114290, "1995 Eagle Talon ESI.....ideas..."
Sep-26-08 02:00 AM by screamingdemon

Ok well I've got my GS for my daily driver and enjoy it for what it is. But I had the chance awhile back to pick up a 1995 Eagle Talon for a little bit of nothing ($150). The story behind it was that the guy I bought it off had it for about 3 days and it ran hot. He said he was just driving along and it started to act a little funny. Figuring it wasn't much to worry about he kept on his way home. Then it shut off and started blowing steam everywhere. He popped the hood and knew he overheated it. But he said the temp gauge never read over normal temp. He took it to a mechanic and he told him the water pump went out and wasn't pushing water through the thermostat and that's why it ran hot without him knowing it. He had a quote for $1000 to fix the cracked head and what not. He new I was into DSM and hit me up about it. I don't know if I should just get a used head off eBay and get it checked out to make sure everything is in spec and swap heads or just find another motor. I've had the turbo itch for awhile. DSM's are in my blood, just don't want to let this good deal go to waste.

So should I:
Replace the head, timing belt, water pump, etc. and hope for the best.
or
Find a lower milage motor and turbo it.

P.S. the current motor has 199,xxx miles on it. The car is the rare light green color.

Car: 1997 Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Mods: DC 4-2-1 Ceramic Header,APEXi N1 Catback Exhaust, Testpipe, Injen Short Ram Intake, & B&M Shortshifter.
Future Mods: MSD coil pack/wires, 18in. Rims, GSX calipers, drilled/slotted GSX rotors.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

1995 Eagle Talon ESI.....ideas... [View all] , screamingdemon, Sep-26-08 01:45 AM
  RE: 1995 Eagle Talon ESI.....ideas..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-26-08 03:32 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #114290 Previous topic | Next topic