Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #113827
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: How about this?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMetalJimMar-27-03 12:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113882, "RE: How about this?"
In response to In response to 54

Sorry bout the delay. I couldn't do this till tonight. I was able to get 6 good runs on the Jeep TB and 5 on the stocker. And the averages are - Drum roll please....
Jeep TB - 10.48 @ 68.7mph
Stocker - 10.57 @ 68.4mph

The best run actually goes to the stocker - I managed to clock 10.39 @ 69.9 mph. On the Jeeper my best for the night was 10.41 @ 68.9. Maybe I'm a shitty drag racer cause I just don't think I got any really good launches with the Jeeper tonight. I got a couple with the stocker.

Actually, I don't use the SFC much for timing runs cause of the whole not spinning the tires on takeoff thing. I usually use a stopwatch on the same 1/4 mile(approximately) stretch. I've actually made ALOT of timed runs on that stretch. The best I ever got with the stocker was 15.6(repeatedly-many times) and the best I can get with the Jeeper is 15.4(repeatedly-many times). So my setup seems to like the bigger TB.

So there you have it. Some dyno runs or even timed runs on stock cams would be a way better measure for most of you, but I do what I can. Both Bill and Todd hit the nail on the head - everything effects everything. I don't want to beat the velocity horse to death, but I've got some shit goin on with air flow and the 60 helps me right now. Also remember - I have NOT port matched the manifold to the TB.

I bought a spare manifold to machine for my 8-injector system and I JUST finished port & polishing it last week. It looks SWEEEEEET. I'm actually going to port match the TB on that manifold and I will definately make some timed runs(on my favorite approximate 1/4 mile race track). Hopefully it'll help me N/A, but the goal on that whole project is to get some BOOST!

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small? [View all] , JustOne, Mar-18-03 12:51 PM
  RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Teamdougie2, Mar-18-03 01:56 PM, #1
RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Mar-18-03 02:46 PM, #2
      RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-18-03 03:38 PM, #3
           RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Twiste, Mar-18-03 06:19 PM, #4
                RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-18-03 06:37 PM, #5
                     RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-19-03 09:02 AM, #6
                     RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-19-03 11:20 AM, #7
                          RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Teamdougie2, Mar-19-03 11:49 AM, #8
                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ModeratorVX100, Mar-20-03 06:56 AM, #9
                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Bruiser, Mar-20-03 09:37 AM, #10
                                    RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, HadesOmega, Mar-20-03 10:27 AM, #11
                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Mystic511, Mar-20-03 10:36 AM, #12
                     RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Teametx, Mar-20-03 10:52 AM, #13
                          RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, juggalo, Mar-20-03 11:01 AM, #14
                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-20-03 11:20 AM, #15
                                    RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, fasterGS, Mar-20-03 11:52 AM, #16
                                         RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-20-03 12:35 PM, #17
                                              RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, FuSi0N, Mar-20-03 12:45 PM, #18
                                                   RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, fasterGS, Mar-20-03 12:58 PM, #19
                                                   RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, LunarEclipse, Mar-20-03 01:06 PM, #20
                                                        RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, rbenard, Mar-20-03 02:28 PM, #21
                                                             RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-20-03 03:49 PM, #22
                                                                  RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-21-03 01:56 AM, #23
                                                                       RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Not Your Daddy, Mar-21-03 07:14 AM, #24
                                                                            RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, WickedESi, Mar-21-03 07:50 AM, #25
                                                                            RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ModeratorVX100, Mar-21-03 07:58 AM, #26
                                                                            RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, a_miller_76, Mar-21-03 08:41 AM, #28
                                                                                 RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, WickedESi, Mar-21-03 08:56 AM, #29
                                                                            RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, netrelik, Mar-21-03 08:08 AM, #27
                                                                                 RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, rbenard, Mar-21-03 09:00 AM, #30
                                                                                      RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, WickedESi, Mar-21-03 09:07 AM, #31
                                                                                           RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-21-03 09:54 AM, #32
                                                                                                RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-21-03 10:18 AM, #33
                                                                                                     RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, a_miller_76, Mar-21-03 10:25 AM, #34
                                                                                                     RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-21-03 10:33 AM, #35
                                                                                                          RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, ez, Mar-21-03 03:44 PM, #36
                                                                                                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-22-03 11:34 AM, #37
                                                                                                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, slodsm, Mar-22-03 11:40 AM, #38
                                                                                                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-22-03 04:32 PM, #39
                                                                                                                    RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-22-03 08:18 PM, #40
                                                                                                                         RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, MCubed45, Mar-23-03 02:08 PM, #41
                                                                                                                         RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, slodsm, Mar-23-03 02:42 PM, #42
                                                                                                                              RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-23-03 03:03 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                   RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, The1Bill, Mar-23-03 03:12 PM, #44
                                                                                                                                   RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-23-03 06:16 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                   RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, TeamMuRiX, Mar-24-03 01:12 AM, #46
                                                                                                               RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, Bruiser, Mar-24-03 06:44 AM, #47
                                                                                                                    RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-24-03 02:22 PM, #48
                                                                                                                         RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, mbenz910, Mar-25-03 05:23 AM, #49
                                                                                                                              RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-25-03 06:02 AM, #50
                                                                                                                                   RE: Why go so large in TB when the manifold is so small?, rbenard, Mar-25-03 08:44 AM, #51
                                                                                                                                        moved to advanced tuning, ModeratorVX100, Mar-25-03 09:39 AM, #52
                                                                                                     Allow me to explain, ModeratorVX100, Mar-25-03 11:43 AM, #53
                                                                                                          How about this?, Az_Kikr, Mar-25-03 11:58 PM, #54
                                                                                                               RE: How about this?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-27-03 12:39 AM #55
                                                                                                                    RE: How about this?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-27-03 10:30 PM, #56
                                                                                                                         RE: How about this?, Mystic511, Mar-28-03 07:35 AM, #57
                                                                                                                              RE: How about this?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-28-03 03:06 PM, #58
                                                                                                                                   RE: How about this?, kamakazy59, May-26-03 02:16 PM, #59
                                                                                                                                   RE: How about this?, Slow_AT_Talon, May-26-03 08:12 PM, #60
                                                                                                                                        RE: How about this?, TeamMetalJim, May-26-03 10:00 PM, #61
                                                                                                                                             RE: How about this?, WIKKI, May-31-03 10:46 PM, #62
                                                                                                                                             RE: How about this?, DSMkarz, Jun-25-03 06:25 PM, #63
                                                                                                                                             RE: How about this?, TeamMuRiX, Jun-26-03 02:13 AM, #64

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #113827 Previous topic | Next topic