Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110082
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely" Previous topic | Next topic
KnightHawk434thSep-26-08 07:40 PM
Member since May 14th 2007
149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110119, "RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely"
In response to In response to 6

Starving your engine of oil doesn't have to take long to damage internals. It took my engine about eh...10 minutes of starvation to jack it up. I would get a stethoscope as mentioned above and pinpoint. Probe around the bottom of your block (bottom 4" or so) and if that is your problem, it's a bearing. Also probe around all other areas as well. Sound travels through metal VERY well, so for instance...a noise at the top audible without aid could actually be a problem on anything, anywhere that is attached to your block. To put it in perspective for you...my water pump failure was audible unaided around the valve cover, the only way i figured it out was had a shop run a scope on it. Ordered new part and sure enough the mechanism was seized up when i pulled it off. Could you maybe get an audio/video clip? We may/may not be able to help more than just throwing suggestions out there. We're merely giving you starting points.

-Ben
Black 1999 RS

Basic mods and a South Bend OFE-SS Clutch
~150bhp.....for now!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely [View all] , EvilTalon666, Sep-21-08 02:33 PM
  RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, 96TurboGS, Sep-21-08 07:03 PM, #1
RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, EvilTalon666, Sep-21-08 10:04 PM, #2
      RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-22-08 03:04 AM, #3
           RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, EvilTalon666, Sep-22-08 09:41 AM, #4
                RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-22-08 05:01 PM, #5
                     RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, EvilTalon666, Sep-22-08 06:45 PM, #6
                          RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, KnightHawk434th, Sep-26-08 07:40 PM #7
                               RE: engine knocking, possibly misfiring, running strangely, EvilTalon666, Sep-27-08 01:10 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110082 Previous topic | Next topic