Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #109801
View in linear mode

Subject: "Belt questions" Previous topic | Next topic
TuxdreamerxAug-23-08 12:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109801, "Belt questions"

Ok so heres the deal I changed my oil today and I was trying to do away with my power steering/AC tensioner but my belt wasnt short enough. I thought it was. So I put the tensioner back on and didnt get it in the same place it was farther out and it rubbed a hole in one of my power steering lines and when I pulled in my drive way it gave and I had a huge cloud of smoke come out from underneath my hood. So I replaced the line and started it up and I accidently overfilled my resivoir. I hope overfilling doesnt cause problems. If someone could let me know if it will cause problems please let me know.

But I gave it a rev to help pump some fluid through and I heard the noise of a belt breaking. Well it was my alternator belt the side of it shredded off and I lost a rib. So I tore off that rib the rest of the way and it seems fine for now. Yes I will be replacing the belt but I am trying to figure out what caused it. I think a socket might of fell down into the belts but I dont know if that would cause this. Also would power steering fluid eat my belt or something and cause it to tear like that?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Belt questions [View all] , Tuxdreamerx, Aug-23-08 12:37 PM

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #109801 Previous topic | Next topic