Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108217
View in linear mode

Subject: "Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!" Previous topic | Next topic
fresh95Mar-28-08 11:56 AM
Member since Sep 18th 2007
85 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108217, "Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!"
Mar-29-08 10:41 PM by bullettdsm

Ok, here's the deal. I bought everything needed for a built block from 2gnt member. I got a reman. crank, new JE 8.6:1 pistons, eagle rods, melling oil pump, clevite main bearings, and a block that has already been bored 20 over, honed, decked and hot tanked. I was planning on assembling everything myself, but there are a few major problems.

Problem #1- All 4 pistons are scored (gouged) on opposite sides. They look like they were in a vise or something. Either that or its from shipping them without proper packing, but I highly doubt that because of how the scoring is on exact opposite sides of the pistons, and it's on every one. I can post pics later if it would help. Are these salvageable?

Problem #2- All of the pistons were shipped in one box, and the block in another. I dont know which piston goes to what cylinder, or if he just gave them one piston when the machining was done. I don't even know if the machining was done right. It looks normal(good cross hatching), and the pistons fit in the cylinders alright as far as I can tell.

Do I order new pistons, or try to file the high spots off of these? If I do get new pistons, will I have to go 40 over, and get the block re-machined? This really pisses me off, cuz I paid $1500 for all this shit, and now I feel like I got hosed. When I contacted the member and told him the pistons were gouged, he said "what do you mean there gouged, they're brand new. I explained the situation to him, and never got a reply after that.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED OPINIONS ASAP!
Thanks in advance, Mike.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help! [View all] , fresh95, Mar-28-08 11:56 AM
  RE: Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!, TeamDR1665, Mar-28-08 12:21 PM, #1
RE: Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!, fresh95, Mar-28-08 12:45 PM, #2
      RE: Built bottom end: BIG PROBLEM Please help!, fresh95, Mar-28-08 01:04 PM, #3
           NEW PICS. EVERYONE LOOK!, fresh95, Mar-29-08 08:32 AM, #4
                RE: NEW PICS. EVERYONE LOOK!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-29-08 10:39 PM, #5
                     RE: NEW PICS. EVERYONE LOOK!, fresh95, Mar-30-08 09:05 AM, #6
                          RE: NEW PICS. EVERYONE LOOK!, fresh95, Mar-31-08 09:51 AM, #7
                               RE: NEW PICS. EVERYONE LOOK!, 2GeclipseRS, Apr-07-08 04:01 PM, #8
                                    RE: NEW PICS. EVERYONE LOOK!, fresh95, Apr-07-08 06:02 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108217 Previous topic | Next topic