Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #107211
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub)" Previous topic | Next topic
zestridge_Dec-21-07 05:14 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2007
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107211, "Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub)"

Okay, I'm sure that by the title of this thread most will think this should be moved immediately, but I'm really not sure if that's what I need help with or not (confusing I know). So here's my dilemma: Been working on this car for a bit over a year now, I feel as if I have got a lot of great parts, a pretty nice setup from what I've researched, but the issued is that I don't quite get how to make everything work in my favor. I just need help determining what device if any will help get more power out of the motor, and if there is anything else I should add before buying turbo (this summer hopefully!!!!!), to get the most out of my car. A few stats below, please help.. Even if it's giving a link to something that I coulda found during search, because to be honest, my biggest problem is not even knowing where to start.

Engine:

I just ordered my new crate motor and wanted to get everyones opinions about it. Let me know eithter way please, which I know you all would do anyways. BTW, Its being built by the guys at overbore.com ... Ive been on the phone with the owner for like 3 hours today just discussing every aspect, talking prices, and just shooting the shit. Seems like a great place, and as soon as I get the engine in and running Ill post how its holding up. I decided this one over the crates at Howell Automotive because of better customer service, and said they'd have it done in 4 weeks tops instead of howells 3 months.

SHORT BLOCK
420A block, turbo ready block assy.
Wiseco Forged pistons. W/rings (8.6:1 ratio/.020 overbore)
Eagle performance custom rods
New main Studs/Bolts
New Brass freeze plugs
Block painted black
New oil pump front cover Melling Performance
New oil drive gears
Line boring, decking, boring, and plateau honing of block
Assembly of the shortblock
Balance the rotating assembly
File Fit Pistons rings
New ACL performance bearings (Rods, Mains and Thrust)
Crankshaft index Ground
Blueprinting of the shortblock
Full gasket set
New OAW performance Water pump
Timing Belt, Idlers, Tensioners
Fidanza Indexable Cam Gears
HEAD
Head (STAINLESS SP PERFORMANCE valves)
Silica-bronze guides
New lifters
Crower Performance springs and Retainers
New Valve Locks
ARP head studs
MLS head gasket Cometic
New cam seals
Crower Cams stage II 64462-2
Rocker cover gaskets
Rocker arms (set of 16)
Street polish & port

Other Goodies:
Apexi N1 Cat-Back Exhaust
Test Pipe
New Racing Headers
OBX Intake Manifold
ATX Tranny Cooler

Is there something to help get more all-motor power in the mean time even though I have low compression?

Thank whoever reads and helps in advance, I want to have a pretty nice set up by the s/o 2008

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub) [View all] , zestridge_, Dec-21-07 05:14 PM
  RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), DirtMegirt, Dec-21-07 07:13 PM, #1
RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-22-07 12:35 AM, #2
RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), zestridge_, Dec-22-07 02:56 AM, #3
      RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), TeamDR1665, Dec-22-07 04:49 AM, #4
           RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-22-07 07:43 AM, #5
                RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), zestridge_, Dec-22-07 06:07 PM, #6
                     RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), gsgoingT, Dec-22-07 07:52 PM, #7
                          RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), zestridge_, Dec-22-07 08:11 PM, #8
                               RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), zestridge_, Dec-23-07 07:22 PM, #9
                                    RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), twinvenges, Dec-23-07 08:45 PM, #10
                                         RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-24-07 12:56 AM, #11
                                              RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), zestridge_, Jan-09-08 05:47 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Tuning Help Please.... (half-chub), justins71, Jan-09-08 09:41 AM, #13

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #107211 Previous topic | Next topic