Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #628
View in linear mode

Subject: "All Motor Mike" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorCODE4Aug-25-09 10:26 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#628, "All Motor Mike"

To summarize the situation:

my post on Aug 11 on different board:

I paid Mike Frye, aka AllMotorMike, $1150 cash and gave him a 420a Cylinder Head in person back on 2 May 2009 to perform the following:

Race Port & Polish
Combustion Chamber Work
Bronze Valve Guides installed
Valve Job + 1mm Oversize Stainless Steel Valves

A set deadline was not established however I indicated that I would want delivery by the end of July at the latest.

We maintained correspondence throughout this time and he admitted that he did not have the ~$400 to pay the machinist who performed the valve & guide work. I was under the impression then everything was completed and only needed to be picked up. He used the money for other needs obviously and continued to tell me he had other side jobs lining up so he would be able to take care of it. I let him know on 6 August that I would be arriving in town the 15th/16th and to attempt to work something out. I subsequently asked him on 6 August for forward all the pertinent contact information of the machine shop that has my head so that I can arrange to pay for it and pick it up personally. For the sake of getting my head so my 2.4L project can move forward I will have to shell out more money and work some kind of payment plan with Mike Frye.

The last communication I have had with him was on 6 August - an email where all he wrote was "im trying" in response to my request to have the head ready.

I know his physical address, 16410 N 114TH DR SUN CITY AZ 85374, and his cell phone, 602.614.0159, however it is currently out of service. Today I had a friend in Phoenix send a letter to him via Certified Mail requesting for further information on my cylinder head's whereabouts. It will arrive tomorrow.

I know I took a risk back in May going this route however Mike's reputation at the time was not a cause for concern.

Gentlemen, what are your recommendations at this point? I could stop by his place this weekend while in town but I am not sure if that would achieve anything. I am not looking to cause a confrontation or anything but I do need my money or cylinder head.

and a follow up post from August 17:

I did recover my head this weekend successfully. I paid more money however...

Bottom line I gave 1150 cash and a head to AMM for a full race p&p, chamber work, bronze guides, 1mm O/S SS Valves, mill & valve job. The hand work was done by him, and later he took it to his machinist he uses apparently for the work that involves shop tools (press, mill etc).

He was upfront with me back in June that he did not have the $450 needed to pay the machinist to recover head. After numerous emails asking him to get it I finally decided to cut my loss and was prepared to go into town and pay an additional $450 to recover it personally. It took a bit to get him to give me the machinist information - which had me worried that it never even went to the machinist and he was attempting to shine me on - but eventually I had it and called the shop foreman. He told me it would take $508.18 to pick it up. Whatever I just wanted it back so my 2.4L can be assembled. I then stopped by his residence with the intention of working out a repayment plan. He never answered his door but I heard movement inside.

From what I heard from Driggs and Mark Bullett he is in a tight spot with finances - we all have problems but the $1150 I gave him initially should not have been used to float his personal bills. I am prepared to not recover the full $508 but he has expressed to me that he has every intention of paying me back.

He was honest with me throughout however in retrospect I would have paid half upfront and half on delivery.

So I am into this head for $1150 + $508.18. I have since spoke with him over the phone and he indicated he has every intention to pay me back.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

All Motor Mike [View all] , AdministratorCODE4, Aug-25-09 10:26 PM
  RE: All Motor Mike, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-04-09 06:04 PM, #1
RE: All Motor Mike, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-07-09 04:28 PM, #2
      RE: All Motor Mike, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-02-10 08:14 PM, #3
           RE: All Motor Mike, TeamDR1665, Mar-03-10 02:03 PM, #4
                RE: All Motor Mike - RESOLVED., AdministratorCODE4, Mar-05-10 06:51 PM, #5

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #628 Previous topic | Next topic