Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #542
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive" Previous topic | Next topic
DSM-22May-28-08 07:45 AM
Member since Apr 18th 2008
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#601, "RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive"
In response to In response to 4

What a horrible experience this was. Not only am I 4 weeks behind on my build because of these pricks, but would have been out WAYYY more had I not put my foot down about this matter.

In all honesty, I'm a very reasonable guy. I understand delays, I'm patient, I know things happen. But when I'm lied to upfront, ignored and then insulted over the phone, I draw the friggin line.

To give an overview of the situation:
-I ordered some parts at the very beginning of May (gasket kits, water pump and UDP).
-Was told the stuff was instock, would ship the next business day.
-No where on the product or order page did it state that things were on backorder or out of stock or that any items were of "Special Order".
-When I inquire on the 20th of May, I get told that things are now in backorder and it could be weeks before my order ships.
-I disagree, need these parts asap and want to cancel. I send 2 e-mails over the course of 2 days with no response.
-I call their office and get almost no words out as I'm cutoff everytime I try to talk.
-I followed the terms at the bottom of their page, but I guess when they state: "Orders must be canceled prior to shipping." they mean prior to having the parts shipped TO THEM by the distributor, not shipping to us (the customer). That makes REAL sense, especailly when they try to pull a fast one and say that I need to re-read the terms and get my facts straight!
-Here I am at the end of the month, left with no parts, anger and 4 weeks of waiting down the drain.
----------------------------------------------
This was the conversation between me and www.howellautomotive.com:

I phone the first time, tell the fellow that I want to cancel my order.

HA: Why do you want to cancel, whats wrong with your order?

ME: Well its on backord-(er)– I get cut off!

HA: Sir, everything is going to be shipped out soon. We have all your parts right here.

ME: What parts do you have?

HA: Well we have your gaskets here and the pulley is still at the machine shop.

ME: Well that isn’t all of my or-(der)—I get cut off again!.

HA: Well our machine shop guy is seeing the doctor, they are on backorder -- you agreed to the order terms on our website, your gaskets will be sent out now, or you can wait till it all arrives.

ME: That makes no sense. I need ALL of the parts in my order at one time, otherwise I would have created 2 seperate orde-(rs)-- I GET CUT OFF!

HA: You agreed to the terms, your order will be there when it gets there. Thanks. – HANGS UP ON ME!

The terms from their website: Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel an order, you must call 1 (304) 788-5420; no other form of cancellation is accepted. Orders must be canceled prior to shipping. No cancellation or returns on Special Order Items. No cancellation or returns on custom items or custom work. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, unless otherwise stated -- Ok allow for 4-6 weeks, but I was told NEXT BUSINESS DAY and no where on the website did it say things were out of stock, back ordered or that there was going to be a delay...

I call him back again, the second time he answers “Howell Automotive, pls hold” and HANGS UP ON ME LO!L!O!L

So I call back a third time:

HA answers

ME: Yes, I don’t think you understand what I’m telling you, I want to cancel my or-(der)—cuts me off AGAIN!

HA: LOOK HERE, you bought the stuff, you agreed to the terms on our website, you have two options, we send you your gaskets now and the pulley later or you WAIT (he yells! OHNOES, intimidating me into hanging up the phone and waiting for my order like a good little monkey.. -- WRONG, try again bud.)

ME: No, I don’t want half an order now and half an order later. Your website didn’t say any of your products were on backorder when I purchased them, nor did it say they were specialty products. Before I purchased them, I was told they were in stock and they usually ship in 24 hours which was obviously a li—HE CUTS ME OFF!!

HA: You have-- I cut him off, I need to get my side in.

ME: I already have other parts lined up and coming, I cant wait and I bought on the premonition that things were going to be sent soon no-(t)-- cut off again.. not suprised at this point.

HA: You have no choice. You have two options, either take the gaskets now and wait for the pulley or you wait until we are ready to ship out the order all together. You have no choice.

ME: No you have two options, cancel the order on your own grace, or the creditors will cancel it for you. They already have the details and are waiting for ano-(ther)--CUT OFF.

HA: What kind of fuckin person are you? -- who says that to a customer?

ME: Ok well thanks so much, talk to you soon. – hang up.

And thats my first and last experience with Howell. BUYER beware as these pricks are fucked. What a mess. Sorry for the long read, but I had to foreworn any other buyers looking at howell as an option.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive [View all] , msl-man, Apr-20-07 07:36 AM
  RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, powellds, Jul-17-07 05:56 PM, #1
RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, DanKid, Aug-02-07 10:11 AM, #2
RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, DanKid, Aug-02-07 12:11 PM, #3
RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, talonesiracing, Aug-08-07 10:25 AM, #4
      RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, DSM-22, May-28-08 07:45 AM #5
      RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, DSM-22, May-28-08 08:15 AM, #6
           RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, DanKid, Aug-08-08 10:51 AM, #7
           RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, tbone, Sep-06-08 05:23 PM, #8
                RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, Guinness97, Apr-10-09 08:45 AM, #9
                RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, Boosted_Talon98, May-26-09 10:30 PM, #10
                     RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, Ebster1085, Aug-31-09 10:14 AM, #11
                          RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, TheRedBarren, Sep-10-09 01:42 AM, #12
                               RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, tbone, Feb-26-11 11:54 PM, #13
                                    RE: Howell (I don't know where your orders at) automotive, tec_41, Mar-11-11 12:47 PM, #14

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #542 Previous topic | Next topic