Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #285
View in linear mode

Subject: "Big Boyz Toys of Arizona" Previous topic | Next topic
JenFeb-23-05 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#285, "Big Boyz Toys of Arizona"

Watch out for them… They purposefully mislead and falsely advertise prices. Plus the manager is a complete asshole.

I ordered springs from them because they advertised them for a really good price and shipping was FREE ON ALL ORDERS. When I filled out the order page and submitted my order it gave me a confirmation including:

Springs: $124.00
Shipping: $0.00
TOTAL: $124.00

My confirmation e-mail listed the same.

Over 2 weeks later I got the package with the packing slip/invoice attached. It listed the total charge being $158. I checked my credit card statement and they did infact charge me $158.

I called and asked to speak to the manager. He was very rude. He explained to me that the extra cost was to cover shipping, which I had already suspected. When I informed him of their advertisement of free shipping, he mentioned that it was a heavy, oversized package and required extra shipping cost. So I said that I should have been informed of it, either on the order page itself, or later on in my confirmation/e-mail. I told him that I thought it was wrong of them to confirm one price, then charge me $34 more without ever telling me and that this was a very shameful way to do business. He got very defensive, telling me that they have to do things like that to stay in business. When he asked me if I would have bought the item knowing there was NOT going to be free shipping I told him no, because I found the same springs for cheaper somewhere else including $10 for shipping, clearly listed.

I did not expect him to credit me $34, I simply wanted him to make everybody aware that there will be a shipping charge for over-sized items. That's all.

The man started YELLING at me. Furiously exploding on the phone, pointing out how hard this business is to survive in, how much competition they have and so on. He screamed that they just can't afford to inform customers of outrageous shipping charges in fear of loosing their business. He even admitted to me that this is how they make their money! They will advertise a super low price, then make it up by charging more shipping then it actually costs!

I repeatedly tried to tell him that I thought it would be helpful to simply post a disclaimer on the site and in the confirmation e-mail that extra shipping will apply on some items. He called me a over-acting bitch and told me that he didn't give a shit about what I thought since he was sure that I would never order anything from them again...... Damn right I won't.....

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Big Boyz Toys of Arizona [View all] , Jen, Feb-23-05 06:55 AM
  RE: Big Boyz Toys of Arizona, run4cvr, Mar-07-05 08:04 AM, #1
RE: Big Boyz Toys of Arizona, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-08-05 03:54 AM, #2
RE: Big Boyz Toys of Arizona, Jen, Mar-08-05 06:46 AM, #3
RE: Big Boyz Toys of Arizona, scirio, Mar-10-05 01:52 AM, #4

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #285 Previous topic | Next topic