Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9095
View in linear mode

Subject: "AT/MT swap and speedometer. " Previous topic | Next topic
dwnMay-04-13 09:43 AM
Member since Mar 02nd 2013
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9095, "AT/MT swap and speedometer. "

It's been awhile, but I've been on this car after work nearly every day for 2 months. Yes I'm slow, methodical and a little obsessive, but it is to be my 17 year old daughter's first car. It will be right. One of the first things I did after installing trans was splicing and wiring for the speedometer. It was the last thing I tested, and it does not function on the road in forward or reverse. Tested the actual speedo sensor with a cordless drill first before installing. the cluster spooled up perfectly as the drill speed increased. Thought that would be that and installed it. Since I know it's good, that leaves the computer to cluster signal wire,or the cluster itself. Voltage at the sensor connector is 8.3 volts for yellow and 3.4 volts for yellow/white wire. How should I best test the signal to cluster? The tie in to ecm was to; #4 pin for VSS power, #11 pin for ground, and #45 pin for VSS signal. All gauges in cluster are operating as well as cluster lights,except of course the speedo. I hate the idea of having to disconnect all the stuff that would enable me to access the signal sending wire at the ecm. Is that the only way? As you know, access to the wiring behind the gauges is almost impossible, and how to test the cluster unit without unplugging it? I have no idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

AT/MT swap and speedometer. [View all] , dwn, May-04-13 09:43 AM
  RE: AT/MT swap and speedometer. , chipdogg, May-05-13 05:55 AM, #1
RE: AT/MT swap and speedometer. , dwn, May-06-13 08:36 AM, #2
      RE: AT/MT swap and speedometer. , dwn, May-11-13 08:56 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9095 Previous topic | Next topic