Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9045
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Transmission fluid question" Previous topic | Next topic
chipdoggFeb-13-13 07:16 PM
Member since Oct 28th 2012
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9053, "RE: Transmission fluid question"
In response to In response to 6

Were they synchros brand new? I don't see much where of the synchro teeth, but it can be one cause of gear pop out if they lose their taper that locks them into place. Of course if the shift pads are worn/missing or you have shifter cable issues, they won't engage all the way and it can cause premature wear on the teeth.

Same goes for the fibride material, if you have a clutch release issue (may not be noticeable to driver) they can wear faster.

Was it a new trans or remanned? By who? A buddy of mine bought a "reman" from a Chrysler dealer and within 2 months it grinded 3rd gear. Fibride completely worn. Since he opened it to install phantom grip, it voided warranty so I changed it. Shouldn't have failed that quickly, my guess is they "remanned" it but didn't replace every wear item so it failed early.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Transmission fluid question [View all] , Th3DooM, Jan-31-13 08:22 AM
  RE: Transmission fluid question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-31-13 08:25 AM, #1
RE: Transmission fluid question, Th3DooM, Jan-31-13 11:22 AM, #2
      RE: Transmission fluid question, chipdogg, Jan-31-13 03:17 PM, #3
           RE: Transmission fluid question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-06-13 09:29 AM, #4
                RE: Transmission fluid question, chipdogg, Feb-06-13 06:54 PM, #5
                     RE: Transmission fluid question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-11-13 05:44 PM, #6
                          RE: Transmission fluid question, chipdogg, Feb-13-13 07:16 PM #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9045 Previous topic | Next topic