Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8998
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Nov-04-12 08:39 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8998, "Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?"

So, I'm baffled here. Can anyone help?

I accidentally cracked open the transmission drain instead of the oil drain (it was a long day).... but that is fine, I needed to check the fluid anyway.

I replaced the plug, and read on here to use ATF+4, and that it is possible to fill from the reverse switch hole since it is easier to get to. So, I cracked that thing loose, and dumped in I think around 1.25 to 1.5 qts of fluid, which is a little short of what it should take if I remember correctly. The car is up on jack stands in the front, with the front tires at full excursion and just a bit off the ground (so, not too high).

So, once I overflowed out of the reverse switch hole, I plugged it back up and thought I was done.

I kept seeing red drops hanging off the bottom of the transmission case though, so it is leaking out somewhere higher up.

I have no idea why it would continually leak like that for like 4 weeks (the car has not moved and has only been run about 10 minutes in neutral).

The trans is also making some noise in neutral, but more investigation needed.

So, what is going on here? How was it holding fluid before I changed it, but now it leaks?!?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling? [View all] , Tired2, Nov-04-12 08:39 AM
  RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, chipdogg, Oct-28-12 08:01 AM, #1
RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, Tired2, Oct-28-12 11:18 AM, #2
      RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, chipdogg, Oct-28-12 11:44 AM, #3
           RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, Tired2, Oct-28-12 11:57 AM, #4
                RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, Tired2, Oct-28-12 12:04 PM, #5
                RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, chipdogg, Oct-28-12 04:07 PM, #6
                     RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-04-12 08:39 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8998 Previous topic | Next topic