Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7509
View in linear mode

Subject: "transmission problems - arghh!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorjuanFeb-27-01 05:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7509, "transmission problems - arghh!"

So, I was driving out out the parking lot heading into work last night. Along the way, I heard this nasty crunchy grinding noise, so I nailed the clutch and got off the throttle and coasted to a stop. Fsck. I figured it was the power steering belt again, so popped the hood and checked em out. They all looked ok. Next thought was the timing belt went. Took off the access panel, and the belt looks fine, with good tension. I then unplugged all the spark plugs and turned the engine over a few times. No problems there, and it sounded ok. At this point, I figured it was the transmission. So I started the car, put it in gear, and drove around the block. All was fine for a while, until I heard another crunch/grinding noise. Pulled the car over and shut it off. After a couple minutes, I start it up again to try to get home. Make it most of the way there, when the noises come back bad, and as I pull up to a stop I feel some real drag being applied to the wheels.

Called AAA this morning, and had my car towed to the dealer. They have it now. I'm at 57,000 miles, so whatever the problem is it should be under warranty. I'll find out the details later today I guess. It sucks to have my car so sick and require internal surgery...

juan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

transmission problems - arghh! [View all] , Moderatorjuan, Feb-27-01 05:54 AM
  RE: transmission problems - arghh!, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-27-01 08:36 AM, #1
right outta my mouth..., Skrilla, Feb-27-01 11:29 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7509 Previous topic | Next topic