Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5817
View in linear mode

Subject: "My LSD saga" Previous topic | Next topic
GorkoRacingOct-17-06 10:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5817, "My LSD saga"
Oct-17-06 11:13 AM by GorkoRacing

Ok I was so pissed off this weekend because of my damn slip in insert that I couldnt see straight but now I'm happier than a junky on payday.

About 3 years ago I bought an alabama man innovations limited slip differential from a forum member. He never mentioned anything wrong with it. It arrived and me having never seen our (or any) differential before thought everything was fine with it. Well after learning more about them I found out that the 2 side spider gears were missing (apparently they somehow broke and destroyed his tranny) also the machined flat top and bottom spider gears were pretty chewed up. I didnt get too pissed about that. Well I finally got around to putting a new clutch on my car so I decided to take the insert out of his diff and put it in my stock one. I got it apart and got the insert out of the diff. It had a few little nicks on it but looked good otherwise. I got my spider gears machined flat to the old gears specs. This weekend I went to put the insert in my diff and noticed 2 small cracks in one of the pieces!!! I couldnt fucking belive it. I know buyer beware and all but i couldnt belive I was sold a busted ass lsd by someone on here. I mentioned that i'm happy right. This is why... The maker of these lsd inserts is from my town. He quit making these about 3 years ago but I finally tracked him down and he just called me and after explaining my saga to him he told me that he had about 10 complete lsd kits left over and if i'd bring him my cracked one he would give me a brand new unused one AND go aheand and install it for me for free!!!! I'm taking this guy a case of beer or something. Thats some damn customer service!!! I'm not even the original owner and he quit making these about 3 years ago. wow i just wanted to post about it since i'm so damn happy now.

I know several members on here had this insert and I never heard anything bad about it. I'm sure its not as good as the retrofit but there's a neon owner who has run one of these for several years (he was the guy everyone actually bought from) and is big into autocrossing and has never had any issues with his. Hell maybe I can convince him to sell his left over kits for cheap to some of you guys on here who are looking for a lsd but dont have enough for the retrofit(not that its that expensive) or quaife but dont want to go with the phantomslip. I think back when he was selling these he sold them for about $210

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My LSD saga [View all] , GorkoRacing, Oct-17-06 10:51 AM
  RE: My LSD saga, GorkoRacing, Oct-18-06 03:47 AM, #1
RE: My LSD saga, XMasta19, Oct-18-06 05:36 AM, #2
      RE: My LSD saga, GorkoRacing, Oct-18-06 07:46 AM, #3
           RE: My LSD saga, HadesOmega, Nov-25-06 04:09 PM, #4
                RE: My LSD saga, Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-26-06 12:45 AM, #5
                     RE: My LSD saga, GorkoRacing, Nov-28-06 08:52 AM, #6
                          RE: My LSD saga, eklipz, Dec-14-06 05:43 PM, #7
RE: My LSD saga, racinfast002, Jan-02-07 09:45 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5817 Previous topic | Next topic