Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5759
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential" Previous topic | Next topic
GorkoRacingOct-05-06 04:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5759, "How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential"
Oct-05-06 04:28 AM by GorkoRacing

Ok I've got a slip in lsd and am going to put it in if i can ever get the damn retaining pin out so i can take out the diff pin. How do you go about removing it. I don't have a factory service manual and couldnt find anything with 2gnt's search other than "remove the retaining pin". Does it require an allen or torx wrench and you screw it out or do you have to tap/pound it out as well like the diff pin? Its just flat at the top but I couldnt see down in the small hole at the bottom last night very well. Anyone know off the top of their head how to get it out?

The SID i'm using is in another differential right now but the spider gears are shot so i'm gonna get my gears ground flat and put the lsd into mine. The lsd is pushing against the top and bottom gears right now so how do i compress it to get it out? Will it just come out when i get the diff pin out? And when putting it back in are there any tricks/tips? I just wanna go ahead and ask that now before i possibly get stuck later. Is there a writeup somewhere on installing one of these SIDs? I saw 2 links but they were both no longer working.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: here's what i'm doing. Trying to put this SID:

into my stock diff when i get the damn pin out and have the spider gears machined flat

both diffs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential [View all] , GorkoRacing, Oct-05-06 04:14 AM
  RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-05-06 09:54 AM, #1
RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, HadesOmega, Oct-05-06 12:29 PM, #2
      RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, GorkoRacing, Oct-06-06 03:30 AM, #3
           RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, GorkoRacing, Oct-06-06 09:13 AM, #4
                RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, GorkoRacing, Oct-09-06 09:17 AM, #5
                     RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, GorkoRacing, Oct-10-06 11:11 AM, #6
                          RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, GorkoRacing, Oct-11-06 06:09 AM, #7
                               RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-11-06 09:44 AM, #8
                                    RE: How do you get the retaining pin out of the differential, GorkoRacing, Oct-11-06 10:54 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5759 Previous topic | Next topic