Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #941
View in linear mode

Subject: "finally got around to pulling the trans for my leak.." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSJul-02-03 04:45 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#941, "finally got around to pulling the trans for my leak.."

Well its been a while since i discovered my input shaft bearing was worn and leaking fluid into the bellhouing, and finally got around to pulling out the trans. First time pulling the trans by itself, from start to trans on the ground, was about 3 hours, all by my lonesome I found a few surprises. First, the input shaft seal was only leaking a very small amount, but it was just enough to get a very tiny amount on the clutch disk. I can see a trace of oily film on the gear teeth on the clutch disk. But overall, there was no great amount of oil in the bellhousing. I figured it wasnt bad, because the clutch hasnt slipped at all for a long time. I got the trans apart, and a new bearing/seal. For those that want the part#, here it is:

Dodge dealer part# for input shaft bearing/seal- 4761090 List price-54.95

Now the second thing. I noticed some motor oil back by where the block mounts to the trans, firewall side. Turns out the damn oil galley freeze plug is seeping oil! Damn, i knew my oil pressure T fittings were leaking and i fixed that, but this is the other leak that I could not find normally. So I'll fix that, and be done with it! Too bad I cant afford a Phantom Grip or NSR diff right now I need to save up for the shoot out!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

finally got around to pulling the trans for my leak.. [View all] , TeamXtremeRS, Jul-02-03 04:45 PM
  RE: finally got around to pulling the trans for my leak.., TeamXtremeRS, Jul-05-03 03:34 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #941 Previous topic | Next topic