Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7354
View in linear mode

Subject: "Some Basic Questions About Clutch Upgrade" Previous topic | Next topic
TheGhostSep-07-08 08:04 PM
Member since Sep 26th 2006
141 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7354, "Some Basic Questions About Clutch Upgrade"

Hi,
Havent posted in a while but I basically had to replace my clutch and steel shim thingy that goes in between my block and my trany (it losened itself and scratched the flexplate). I replace my rear main seal while I was down there and while upgrading my clutch I decided to go with the PT CRUISER CLUTCH MOD. I have three questions :

1) How much torque do I need to put on the flex plate bolts and what is the proper way to install it

2) I got the PT Cruiser clutch from autozone seeing as how it was the cheapest alternitve. (250.00 Next Day Delivery) but the small nipple section that is on the back center of my eclipse modular clutch is actually removable with the PT Cruiser Clutch to where you can stick your finger through the whole assembly. Should I try to keep the nipple part with it or dont worry about it.

3) Should I still use the Eclipse throw out bearing or go witht he PT Cruiser as well.

I appreciate the help as quickly as possible as this is my daily driver and If your in the RICHMOND, VA area leave a message. Thanks for your time and answers.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Some Basic Questions About Clutch Upgrade [View all] , TheGhost, Sep-07-08 08:04 PM
  RE: Some Basic Questions About Clutch Upgrade, TheGhost, Sep-09-08 04:42 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7354 Previous topic | Next topic