Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7344
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission repair/replacement question." Previous topic | Next topic
NykonAug-27-08 04:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7344, "Transmission repair/replacement question."

I have a Dodge Avenger that has a nice hole in the bell housing from where parts of the differential went through it. I have another tranny that makes a bit of noise so I was going to take the diff and bell housing from one, and put it on the other, replacing all the diff bearings. I was reading in the factory service manual that you have to preload the bearings which involves taking the gears out etc etc and was wondering if this was absolutely neccesary or if people had swapped them out without checking the preload and been fine?

I have no problem tearing the whole thing apart but it seems like a PITA and if I can skip it, that would be preferable.

Thanks in advance.

---
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines"
- Enzo Ferrari
---

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Transmission repair/replacement question. [View all] , Nykon, Aug-27-08 04:12 PM
  RE: Transmission repair/replacement question., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-28-08 03:13 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7344 Previous topic | Next topic