Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6876
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions About Clutch Slave Cylinder" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinJan-06-08 11:42 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#6876, "Questions About Clutch Slave Cylinder"

Well, after two days of searching and searching I have only answered about half of my question

Two days ago I drove my car to work fine, that night, I had no clutch pressure and it was difficult to get into gear. I know a ton about the 420A and trans, as I autocrossed Neons for three years, eventually owning a total of four, but Neons do not have hydraulic clutches and I have never dealt with one

Put the car into 4th while sitting still, car did not slip or even try to move, it just stalled with the pedal let up a small amount. From what I have heard, this means the clutch is ok. So ill assume that.

Clutch - check.

I searched and found info about the clutch cylinders giving, so I checked the reservoir, and its empty. Put some fluid in, drove it fine for about half hour, then symptoms came back, so I checked for wetness under the dash near pedal. completely dry, checked up top at the clutch master cylinder, it looks brand new with no wetness, which is possible, I have only owned the car for about a month or two.

Now, here is the part I need some help on.

I thought the car needed a rear main seal, because there are always drops of brownish fluid under that area. But, after examining the slave cylinder, there is a ton of damp oily road grime under the slave cylinder.

Is it safe to assume this needs to be rebuilt?

Im gonna bleed it when I get off work, there has to be air trapped in there now.

Thanks!

Tim Klein

Also, any tips for this? I have seen plenty for the master, but not so much for the slave.

I also bought the Haynes manual, looks like I am gonna need it with this car

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Questions About Clutch Slave Cylinder [View all] , Moderatorteklein, Jan-06-08 11:42 AM
  RE: Questions About Clutch Slave Cylinder, DirtMegirt, Jan-06-08 03:09 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6876 Previous topic | Next topic