Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #653
View in linear mode

Subject: "Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMay-11-03 11:55 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#653, "Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :("
May-11-03 12:01 PM by XtremeRS

Well after those few "spirited" runs with that Mustang, afterward, my clutch felt totally different. The pedal pressure was the same, but now, the clutch will disengage/engage right at the top of pedal travel. I can push in the clutch pedal about 1.5", and it will disengage. The clutch was slipping also, under full power some, not like fully slipping, but that shuddering feeling. It still grabs ok, and even doenst slip at all at times either, but the clutch is just engaging right at the top. I took off the metal flexplate cover on the trans, and it looks dry, the rear main is def not leaking, but i got some light into that rubber dust cover at the slave cyl, and i could see greasy, oily crap on the center pilot shaft that the TO bearing rides on, so i'm assuming that stuff worked its way onto the clutch disk facing. So now i get to have fun pulling the tranny. Few Q's:

You do have to take apart the tranny to replace the main input shaft seal right?
That seal is one unit with the bearing also? If it is, then thats good, cause its rattling with the clutch in N, pedal out. Gets rid of that noise.
You guys think that the disk is ok? Usually when clutch engagement is right at the top, that means the disk is fubar?
I'm going to call the clutch builder who did my clutch, to see what he has to say, just wanted to have some opinions here..
Wierd thing was, the bellhousing was totally dry when I had built the motor up a month ago...

Man, if i only had the cash for the Quaife LSD right now while it gets taken apart

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :( [View all] , TeamXtremeRS, May-11-03 11:55 AM
  RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamJasonESi_T, May-11-03 01:36 PM, #1
RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-11-03 03:29 PM, #2
RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-11-03 06:30 PM, #3
      RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-03 05:08 AM, #4
           RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, WickedESi, May-12-03 08:18 AM, #5
                RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-03 02:01 PM, #6
                     RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamAvenger, May-12-03 06:12 PM, #8
RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-03 04:22 PM, #7
RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-13-03 08:59 AM, #9
      RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-03 11:41 AM, #10
           RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-14-03 06:53 AM, #11
           RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-14-03 08:52 AM, #12
                RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, carolinacat, May-18-03 10:52 AM, #13
                RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-22-03 10:20 AM, #14
           RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, JustOne, May-22-03 08:00 PM, #15
                RE: Well isn't this great. New clutch is slipping :(, TeamXtremeRS, May-23-03 12:51 PM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #653 Previous topic | Next topic