Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5714
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMTalonSep-11-06 04:54 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2005
267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5724, "RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap"
In response to In response to 6

yeah the car the tranny was bought out of was in good order..all except the HG went on the engine.. but i had drove the car about 3 weeks before the HG went... and it shifted fine. but i dunno something could have happened in the mean time... but i guess i can live with it. anyway as far as the axle shaft goes i swapped it out w/ the original from that mtx tranny and it went in no problem...so thats one problem solved. while i was doing that i checked out the shifter linkage and found that the cable bracket had a tendency to crawl around a bit and one of the C clips wasnt installed properly so i straightened that out and tightened up the bolts for that bracket so they were mucho tight and then i swapped out the master cylinder for a rebuild and re-installed the clutch restrictor...and well now it feels a LOT better... goes into gear a lot easier and what not.. but still the 1-2 synchro is still fuggard'd. but ive figured out how to live with it. just wait a few seconds to grab second and it'll go in like butter. now just i think i just didnt lube up the TOB quite enough or something... cuz i get this obnoxious squealing in the tranny...and it goes away when i press in on the clutch pedal just a little bit. so can i expect that to eventually go away or will it haunt me for a long time? i lubed that sucker up w/ some grease on the shaft, around the bearing and i used a hyperdermic needle to inject a little grease in the bearing itself. but i didnt get real carried away cuz i didnt want grease everywhere inside the housing. i guess the last question to compelete this little project is what can i do for a shift boot? i want to upgade the knob and boot for the whole little cosmetic thing... but do i need to get a factory boot first? or just adapt and overcome?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

problems after ATX to MTX swap [View all] , DSMTalon, Sep-06-06 12:46 PM
  RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-06-06 06:23 PM, #1
RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-06-06 08:23 PM, #2
      RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-08-06 06:56 AM, #3
           RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-08-06 12:49 PM, #4
                RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-08-06 06:57 PM, #5
                     RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, bluevenge, Sep-09-06 02:26 AM, #6
                          RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-11-06 04:54 PM #7
                               RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-12-06 10:55 AM, #8
                                    RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-12-06 02:17 PM, #9
                                         RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-14-06 08:57 AM, #10
                                              RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-14-06 02:21 PM, #11
                                                   RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-17-06 08:05 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5714 Previous topic | Next topic