Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5714
View in linear mode

Subject: "problems after ATX to MTX swap" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMTalonSep-06-06 12:46 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2005
267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5714, "problems after ATX to MTX swap"
Sep-06-06 12:49 PM by DSMTalon

ok so i swapped out my atx w/ an mtx from an avenger.. ok this is what i used from the avenger: tranny, master cylinder, clutch & brake pedals, vss connector. ok from a 2gnt: shifter assembly & cables, along w/ a mtx computer. for a clutch i went w/ a SBC OFE clutch, and i replaced the slave cylinder cuz it was leaking. so now after installing it and getting everything bled (dot4 synthetic brake fluid) and filled w/ mopar fluid for the tranny... the sucker grinds between 1-2...but only above 3k rpm. below that it will go into gear with some effort, but no grinding. and with all the other gears the tranny is hard to shift into gear, but it doesnt grind, it just required excessive effort to get it into gear. but w/ the engine off, it shifts into gear like butter. so whats up with that? also, i did the clutch restrictor mod when i installed the slave cylinder... and the clutch pedal seems "soggy" for lack of a better word. ive bled the clutch quite a bit, even used a vacuum bleeder on it and still havent seen an improvment in pedal feel. do i need to put back in the restrictor? could that be part of the hard to get into gear? and whats up with the 1-2 thing? bad synchros? i wouldnt think so cuz the tranny shifted fine in the avenger w/ no known problems.... any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

also: is there any difference between the atx axle shafts and the mtx axle shafts cuz i noticed today when i had my car up on the lift that the passenger axle shaft isnt seated all the way in the differential, and despite my best efforts i cant get it to fully seat... do i need to swap it w/ a MTX one? or am i just being retarted with it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

problems after ATX to MTX swap [View all] , DSMTalon, Sep-06-06 12:46 PM
  RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-06-06 06:23 PM, #1
RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-06-06 08:23 PM, #2
      RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-08-06 06:56 AM, #3
           RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-08-06 12:49 PM, #4
                RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-08-06 06:57 PM, #5
                     RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, bluevenge, Sep-09-06 02:26 AM, #6
                          RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-11-06 04:54 PM, #7
                               RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-12-06 10:55 AM, #8
                                    RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-12-06 02:17 PM, #9
                                         RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-14-06 08:57 AM, #10
                                              RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, DSMTalon, Sep-14-06 02:21 PM, #11
                                                   RE: problems after ATX to MTX swap, Chamuko, Sep-17-06 08:05 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5714 Previous topic | Next topic