Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4938
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help...rattle can prob...TOB? I can't see it wobble..." Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostDec-09-05 02:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4938, "Help...rattle can prob...TOB? I can't see it wobble..."

So I'm driving on my way home and I rev up to about 6k, getting on the on ramp, then let off the gas. I hear a loud BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise when I let off. So I go home and investigate and at idle this loud CLAKING noise is comming from the tranny. It sounds bad like some nuts and bolts rolling around in there. I press in the clutch about half way and goes away - all the way and just hear it slightly. It's bad at high RPMs 2k and above and at idle. So I do a search and find out that it might be the TOB. I've had this sound, not loud, before in the morning time, but it goes away. I've had this clutch for awhile with no probs.
I saw something about removing the dust boot over the fork/ slave cylinder to see if the TOB is rattling around but could not see anything. Or I don't even know what I'm looking at? Can someone post a pic of the TOB? The drivetrain I stray away from - I've pulled the head 3 times and did most everything else but the tranny/ clutch, nope. I have a non-mod clutch so it would be easier to remove and put back on. I read Armonds page and saw that the hardest part were removing the axles. Any advice? Thanks

Alvin

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help...rattle can prob...TOB? I can't see it wobble... [View all] , Semperboost, Dec-09-05 02:23 PM
  RE: Help...rattle can prob...TOB? I can't see it wobble..., sike, Dec-20-05 05:13 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4938 Previous topic | Next topic