Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4907
View in linear mode

Subject: "CM Stage IV Not Disengaging" Previous topic | Next topic
UpToSpeedNov-25-05 09:59 AM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4907, "CM Stage IV Not Disengaging"

Ok, so my clutch just started not disengaging... I was driving along, luckily two blocks away from home, and no shifty shifty...

When I got back I had my roommate press on the clutch for me when I was looking at the clutch fork to see what was going on. The clutch fork didn't move... I picked up a new clutch master and slave cylinder and installed them the next morning. I had him come out to press in the clutch again and it STILL didn't move.

Dumbfounded I bled the lines again, still nothing. Then I asked him to press it again and watched him, he was pressing the freakin' BRAKE! Grrraaaaaahhhhh... $200 down the drain in new parts...

I figured I'd throw that in there for a bit of stupid humor...

Now... everything "moves" fine... I looked through the little clutch fork peep hole and I can see the TOB depressing the clutch teeth in fine but I STILL can't put the car in gear when the engine is turning. It shifts fine when the car isn't on so I doubt it's the transmission itself. I have a modular CM Stage IV with less than 15k miles on it, I want to make sure it couldn't be something else before I have to drop the transmission again just to diagnose it. I also will NOT be buying a damn Clutchmasters clutch ever again if that's the case. I've only got about 280HP or so, that thing should not be going out...

If it's coming out of the car, I'm putting a modular setup in, screw this $800 for a clutch that only lasts 15k miles...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

CM Stage IV Not Disengaging [View all] , UpToSpeed, Nov-25-05 09:59 AM
  RE: CM Stage IV Not Disengaging, Chamuko, Nov-25-05 03:05 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4907 Previous topic | Next topic