Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4735
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tranny leak?" Previous topic | Next topic
MattitudeV1Aug-29-05 03:47 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
120 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4735, "Tranny leak?"

I was underneath my car the other day and noticed a possible leak in the transmission. I could be totally wrong - I don't know much about this.

Forgive me for use of improper terminology. Coming out of the hole in the rubber seal in the front of my tranny was what looked like mucky oil. Didn't smell like anything. Could of just been wet dirt, but there was a good amout of it coming from this area. I don't know if this is a problem and something should be replaced? I circled the area in the image below (this was after I cleaned it).

I've been having some tranny problems (grinding in 5th and loud noise in low gears which I think is the throwout bearing). Clutch is getting replaced this week. Last time I checked tranny fluid level, it was fine. Also, there is nothing actualy leaking onto the ground. It was just pretty dirty in this area.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tranny leak? [View all] , MattitudeV1, Aug-29-05 03:47 AM
  RE: Tranny leak?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-29-05 06:23 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4735 Previous topic | Next topic