Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4643
View in linear mode

Subject: "gears are all messed up" Previous topic | Next topic
aphex301Jul-17-05 06:27 PM
Member since Jul 17th 2005
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4643, "gears are all messed up"

alright, heres the story. Since I first bought my modded eclipse RS, ive been having shifting problems. To aid the problems i have done the following. new shifter cables, short shifter, shifter base bushings, and bled clutch fluid.

these are the problems

1.) Car was locked in third gear. Pulled cables off the select levers and found out the select cable was froze. Bought new shifter cables from dealer and car goes into gear nicely under 3k rps.

2.)Car rolls/creeps foward after high revving when car is in gear and clutch pedal is pressed down. if in a gear at a stop and i rev over 4k rps ill creep foward! plus if i drive hard and then come to a stop with my foot off the throttle ill creep foward if in gear.

3.)When I go into high rpms and try to shift fast the gears are hard to get into. When shifting from 1-2 it is tough to get into gear and sometimes results in a grind. The 2-3 shift is also hard but third gear seems to move to the right and i miss the shift.

4.)After high revs and going fast, all of the gears become harder to get into.

All of the gears go in so smoothly when the car is off. Only when the car is driven the gears are hard to get into. Also the shift lever has about an inch or more of freeplay up and down. I traced the freeplay to the select lever on the trans...how bad is that.

Does anybody know what the real problem is, or what is causing this. I was told that a bearing in the transmission was shot. i dont know if its the TOB or some other bearing im ignorant of. Or the clutch is not disengaging right. Im hoping that its not a internal trans problem. Wednesday a clutch is comming in and the trans will be dropped. Maybe i can find some evidence then. Can it be a bad master/slave cylinder (im not having any pedal problems). I have no idea what forks or pivot balls are. What are those and what can go wrong if they broke.

If you got this far in reading my post i already thank you. I try my hardest to help people by giving them advice to their problems that i went through myself. Can any of you guys get me out of this conundrum so i can finally drive my car with a smile?

I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

gears are all messed up [View all] , aphex301, Jul-17-05 06:27 PM
  RE: gears are all messed up, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-18-05 06:07 AM, #1
RE: gears are all messed up, aphex301, Jul-18-05 06:51 AM, #2
      RE: gears are all messed up, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-18-05 09:09 AM, #3
RE: gears are all messed up, aphex301, Aug-12-05 06:37 PM, #4
RE: gears are all messed up, turbo8u, Aug-15-05 02:38 PM, #5
RE: gears are all messed up, aphex301, Aug-16-05 06:32 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4643 Previous topic | Next topic