Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4439
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch not disengaging? wtf..." Previous topic | Next topic
siueclipseJun-04-05 09:35 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4439, "Clutch not disengaging? wtf..."

Ok, so the other night I was out having some fun in the car.

Took off in first gear, accidentally hit the rev limit and it bounced for a sec., Shifted into second, then missed third gear so I easily put it in third after I let the RPM's drop. I pull up to a stop sign, shift into nuetral. When its my turn to go, I attempt to put it in 1st gear and it wont go. I wouldn't go into any gear. Finally I got it in reverse. After reverse I was able to push it very very hard into first gear, the car made a clunk, and i was rolling.

I took the car back to my buddy's house. Im not leaking any fluid from anywhere.

The car shifts just fine when its off, its actually very smooth.

I then took the car home. While I was on the highway it seemed that the clutch wouldn't disengage. I could speed shift just fine (shifting without the clutch). The clutch held boost and the trans feels just fine.

When I would cruise at 60mph I put my foot on the clutch. The RPMs should fall, well, they don't. The car just starts decelerating. HOWEVER, when I come to a stop, I can put my foot on the clutch on the car will not die. However its still very hard to shift from a stop.

Like I said, it feels as if the clutch is not going into nuetral when I put my foot down.

I can think of 3 things at this point. Maybe something happened to the throw out bearing, or either the master or slave cylinder is going out or went out.

Any thoughts?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch not disengaging? wtf... [View all] , siueclipse, Jun-04-05 09:35 AM
  RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., grain, Jun-04-05 05:52 PM, #1
RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., siueclipse, Jun-04-05 08:33 PM, #2
      RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-05-05 01:21 AM, #3
      RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., Teamdougie2, Jun-05-05 02:44 AM, #4
           RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., siueclipse, Jun-05-05 02:45 PM, #5
                RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., typhoid mary, Jun-05-05 04:13 PM, #6
                     RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., rs-pssst, Jun-06-05 08:04 AM, #7
                     RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., CarbonFiberRST, Jun-06-05 10:05 AM, #8
                     RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., siueclipse, Jun-06-05 10:56 AM, #9
                          RE: Clutch not disengaging? wtf..., FunRS, Jun-12-05 12:57 PM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4439 Previous topic | Next topic