Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2560
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stupid Shops" Previous topic | Next topic
GreenApr-01-04 03:15 PM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
138 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2560, "Stupid Shops"

I was driving around, running some errands...when I push the clutch pedal and it's still engaged.
First, I think hydraulic problem. I pop the hood, the clutch fluid level is fine. Then i notice the shift fork at the end of the push rod shaking as if it was loose. I get a towel from inside the car and reach down and what do you know... it's loose.

So, I decide now would be a good time to go to the shop and have them put in my new clutch for me. Normally, I would do everything on my own, but I'm in my last semester of college and time is limited between work and school. I had to start the car in first at every light ad then shift without the clutch just to get to the shop.

Three days later, still not done. They try to call me and tell me that it's a hydraulic problem. They put in the clutch, but now it won't go into gear properly.

This is a new problem for me... what would cause the shift fork to come loose and have the clutch not disengage?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Stupid Shops [View all] , Green, Apr-01-04 03:15 PM
  RE: Stupid Shops, Green, Apr-03-04 06:25 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2560 Previous topic | Next topic