Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1741
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stupid tranny leak..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TNov-13-03 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1741, "Stupid tranny leak..."
Nov-13-03 11:41 AM by JasonESi_T

I finally got my car tuned properly after installing new -6AN SS fuel line from fuel tank to fuel rail and bam!! I saw tranny fluid all over the floor!!! Can you believe it?!?

(BTW, I know it's already known that there's a -6AN fitting at the fuel tank, but there's also one at the last 6 inches of fuel line before the fuel rail. Instead of altering the fuel rail at this time, I merely screwed the fuel line right into that last bit of OEM fuel line. I'll modify the rail later. Just an FYI for anyone who wants to go with -6AN fuel line; it's all compatible! )

Anyways, I dropped the tranny, and resealed her at the main seal, and she's all good to go again.

Just a reminder for all you folks to make sure and not miss any spots on your tranny with the anaerobic sealer. It's a small mistake, but it takes quite a bit of labor to fix it.

Luckily, I had absolutely NO trouble at all dropping the tranny and remounting it, while using the non-modular clutch. Since I didn't disturb the clutch at all, the tranny slipped right back in. Therefore, if anyone's using the non-mudular clutch and has issues mounting it, the trick lies with centering the clutch, so make sure and use your alignment tool!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Stupid tranny leak... [View all] , TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-13-03 11:40 AM
  RE: Stupid tranny leak..., TeamMichael_97RS, Nov-13-03 01:41 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1741 Previous topic | Next topic