Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1649
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutchmasters VS Spec???" Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneOct-28-03 08:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1649, "Clutchmasters VS Spec???"

Clutch Masters Stage 4 vs. Spec stage 4. To me the SPEC "looks" to be the better clutch, in both grab and longer life. I have been running the CM stage 4 (non-mod) w/ aluminum flywheel for as long as I have been putting down real power. I like the grab but hate the short life. Right now I am on my 4th stage 4 clutch and am getting tired of only getting 20-30k miles out of it.

From reading the CM site and from first had experience the clutch isn’t all that "advanced". As far as I can see it uses a stock pressure plate w/ a four puck disk and your choice of flywheel (non-mod or mod and steel or aluminum)

From reading the SPEC site they say it has a higher load pressure plate w/ a 6 puck disk. So just from seeing that I would think that a stronger pressure plate and more material on the disk would make it a better clutch in both grab and life span, but I guess I won’t know for sure until I put one on.

What are your thoughts???

Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutchmasters VS Spec??? [View all] , JustOne, Oct-28-03 08:43 PM
  RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, Chamuko, Oct-30-03 02:33 PM, #1
RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, TeamXtremeRS, Oct-30-03 03:39 PM, #2
      RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, JustOne, Oct-30-03 07:51 PM, #3
           RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, grain, Oct-31-03 04:33 AM, #4
                RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, HiOnPSI, Nov-11-03 08:14 PM, #5
                     RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-12-03 05:11 AM, #6
                          RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, Chamuko, Nov-12-03 11:14 AM, #7
                               RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???, JWoodley, Nov-26-03 06:31 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1649 Previous topic | Next topic