Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4634
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installation techniques" Previous topic | Next topic
ParaquatApr-13-10 09:45 PM
Member since Apr 13th 2010
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4634, "Installation techniques"
Apr-13-10 09:46 PM by Paraquat

Hi guys.
My girlfriend just got her first Eclipse. It's been given a total once over and now it's time to drop the engine back in I just had some questions about the tranny.
We looked around for a prothane set but one said manual only. The other one said it was the same for GS/GST/GSX. I looked at a 5 spd Eclipse today but the mounts look the same. I just want to be sure they're the same before I buy mounts I can't use.

My next question is about the torque converter. I did an engine swap in my Blazer one time and I didn't have any output from the transmission afterwards. I brought it to a shop and they said it was because of the something something something.
I don't remember what - I blocked a lot of that truck out of my mind.

I'm just trying to find out now if there's any special techniques to doing it. Preferably something so I don't damage it like I did my Blazer transmission. Fill the tq converter and slap it on the input shaft and bolt it to the flex plate? Anything I should look out for? With any luck it's going in this weekend.
Thanks for any advice.

--Steve

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Installation techniques [View all] , Paraquat, Apr-13-10 09:45 PM
  RE: Installation techniques, Moderatorteklein, Apr-16-10 03:35 PM, #1
RE: Installation techniques, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-16-10 07:03 PM, #2
      RE: Installation techniques, Slo2g, Apr-18-10 08:50 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4634 Previous topic | Next topic