Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4307
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I Need Help on Changing Tranny Fluid and Other Things This Weekend!!" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuAug-24-07 08:29 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4318, "RE: I Need Help on Changing Tranny Fluid and Other Things This Weekend!!"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by StayTuned
Well, my car has been giving me problems with this tranny situation. The car used to drive in limp mode all the time and after reading on here that it might be the speed sensors I replaced both input and output sensors and it never fixed the problem. Then about a few months after that it stopped doing it and boy was I happy. It drove fine for 2-3 months and it's back at it again. However, this time it does it after I drive 10 miles or so. I drive 15 miles to work everyday and every morning it goes into 2nd gear by itself after driving 10 or so miles (apparently it doesn't do it when the engine is cold). It usually happens when I'm sitting at a light and the car just jerks and you can feel the tranny going into 2nd gear or while I'm cruising at 50-60 mph it goes into nuetral and I have to pull over and then it downshifts into 2nd gear. All this shit is very annoying. Well, I gathered some parts and I need help on installing them. (1.) I want to flush the tranny fluid and put in Mopar ATF+4.. All 9.1 Quarts by the way (very expensive) (2.) I bought the newer/updated solenoid and I want to install that (3.) I bought the filter and pan gasket too and I need to install them (4.) And last but not least, I also purchased a bigger tranny cooler to replace the smaller dinged up one that came with the car.

Wtf? 9 qts of Tranny Fluid to Flush and fill.. I think you meant to say Five not nine. When I change mine ATX fluid about does the job you must have and transcooler explains the extra 4 qts.

Sorry, mybad if my info is incorrect. This is what the Manuel recommonds

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I Need Help on Changing Tranny Fluid and Other Things This Weekend!! [View all] , StayTuned, Jul-26-07 07:24 AM
  RE: I Need Help on Changing Tranny Fluid and Other Things This Weekend!!, mcgyvr, Aug-21-07 12:15 PM, #1
RE: I Need Help on Changing Tranny Fluid and Other Things This Weekend!!, dalesmitsu, Aug-24-07 08:29 PM #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4307 Previous topic | Next topic