Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4098
View in linear mode

Subject: "neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!" Previous topic | Next topic
mike rs-tJun-27-06 04:34 AM
Member since May 24th 2004
156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4098, "neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!"

i finally got sick of burning up the junk electronic 4 speed so i put a neon auto in my 98 eclipse. i love it! i don't recommend it for those still n/t because the taller gearing would suck, but you can always change the gears. you have alot more options when it comes to changing gear ratios. i also had a 3000 stall converter built and i put that in a week later, and now i am finally happy having an auto tranny. turbo lag is not a problem for me anymore. i can build as much boost as i want on the line and rpm's only drop to 5000 between shifts. i already ordered a super t-70 to replace my ar.60 t3/t4. highway driving is not bad at all, ever driven a neon? before i talk it up to much and have everyone yanking there tranny out there are a few bad things. unless you have a custom axle built you will not have a speedo, you must be able to cutom make 1 1/2 motor mounts, getting the shifting and kickdown linkage to work right requires some custom fab. none of this is hard though you will need a welder. i dont have a speedo for now but plan on fixing it down the road. oh i almost forgot, get a 5 speed ecu and you raise you redline to 7000. as soon as my t-70 and slicks get here i will take her to the strip and see if i can blow this thing apart.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

neon 3 speed swap done, i love it! [View all] , mike rs-t, Jun-27-06 04:34 AM
  RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!, Chamuko, Jun-27-06 07:54 AM, #1
RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!, Keith2172, Jun-27-06 08:38 AM, #2
RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!, Axis, Jul-27-11 12:01 AM, #3
RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!, alain95i4, Jul-30-11 02:47 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4098 Previous topic | Next topic