Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3936
View in linear mode

Subject: "AT To MT Swap Question..." Previous topic | Next topic
Jem09Jan-21-06 07:19 PM
Member since Jul 12th 2005
224 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3936, "AT To MT Swap Question..."

Peace,
I own a 97' AT RS and I recently came across a opportunity to purchase all the parts (shifting assembly, pedel set, clutch lines, trans., etc.) for a Automatic to Manual swap... My question is, it's coming off a 95' RS and to my knowledge, those 420's are diff., I don't know the specifics, but I know it has two diff. plugs in the harness (engine) then the 97-99 420's. Is the trans. diff. too? Can I install the 95' set up onto the 97' without having to make any modifications/rewiring?

I'd also like to know, just to be certain before I pull all the parts off, what parts are needed for the swap, besides a clutch system & flywheel?

-Trans.
-Clutch Cables
-Shift Assembly
-Pedal Assembly

---Anythin' else?

I obviously don't know anythin' about transmissions. I intend to rebuild the trans. before installin', but I don't know what should be rebuilt and before I go to a shop I'd like to know what I'm talkin' about so that they don't try and fu!k around... I don't trust anyone and havin' them realize "I know" what I'm talkin' about may actually make them do it right the First Time... What needs to be rebuilt, what parts (the only thing I know about, is to use the OEM trans. fluid)? Lastly, what clutch system and flywheel should I go with? I'm "all aspirated", but will eventually be boosted by the end of this year. What "normal" set up will hold tru for the time being and what set up should I change to once boosted? I've read threads where certain known brands such as Clutchmaster, ACT, etc. weren't as good and didn't perform as expected.

As always, I appreciate anyone willin' to answer and give up there time to help me out...

Peace,
Jem

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

AT To MT Swap Question... [View all] , Jem09, Jan-21-06 07:19 PM
  RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Jem09, Jan-21-06 10:36 PM, #1
RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Jem09, Jan-21-06 11:51 PM, #2
RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Jem09, Jan-22-06 12:15 AM, #3
      RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Keith2172, Jan-24-06 01:30 PM, #4
           RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Teamdougie2, Jan-24-06 01:35 PM, #5
                RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Chamuko, Jan-25-06 09:43 AM, #6
                     RE: AT To MT Swap Question..., Jem09, Feb-10-06 08:15 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3936 Previous topic | Next topic