Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3915
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Torque Lock-Up mod" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Jan-04-06 01:28 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3916, "RE: Torque Lock-Up mod"
In response to In response to 0

Well, search, it's there several thousand times over. But to help you out anyways...

- Get under the hood and look at the ECU.
- Open the loom going into the ECU so you can see all the beautifully colored wires.
- Don't worry about which pin it is, it's different on all years, just pick out the orange wire with the black stripe and cut it. You don't want to ground the wires or anything else, just eliminate contact.

Side note: What you're doing here is cutting a communication wire between the ECU and TCU. When the TCU gets ready top upshift it sends a signal through this wire to the ECU to say "Hey, Im going to shift, bog the engine down to kill the power so I don't hurt myself!" By cutting this wire the engine never gets this signal and thus never bogs down. The downside is that the ECU can't send a kickdown signal to the tranny so you'll never kickdown into passing gear.

- At this point you can either wrap it all back up and forget about it OR do like I and many others did and install a switch on this wire. With the switch you can disconnect the wire for racing and reconnect it for everyday driving.

Note that this mod really doesn't work well unless you give the computer time to 'relearn' and get used to it's new abilities.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Torque Lock-Up mod [View all] , Raj, Jan-03-06 01:52 PM
  RE: Torque Lock-Up mod, Keith2172, Jan-04-06 01:28 PM #1
RE: Torque Lock-Up mod, Raj, Jan-04-06 07:00 PM, #2
      RE: Torque Lock-Up mod, Keith2172, Jan-05-06 06:19 AM, #3
           RE: Torque Lock-Up mod, Dracas, Jan-06-06 07:36 PM, #4
                RE: Torque Lock-Up mod, Raj, Jan-08-06 11:20 AM, #5
                     RE: Torque Lock-Up mod, Dracas, Jan-08-06 12:05 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3915 Previous topic | Next topic