Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3167
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: Got the shift kit installed finally" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxJul-16-04 04:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3175, "RE: Got the shift kit installed finally"
In response to In response to 3
Jul-16-04 04:23 AM by xcasbonx

Thanks man, I'm glad you caught the post. I had followed your instruction in leaving the gear in low, but I think when I disconnected the cable from the park rod up in the engine bay that it may have slipped up into 2nd or higher, so I think I may be off there. I noticed that with the cable disconnected, you can pull back and push forward and it will change through gears, it seems I may be off from where the gear selector and what actual gear the cable was in when the valve body was out. Does this make sense?

I'd really hate to fill my trans fluid up have the car running and find out something is wrong, I am installing a drain plug and remote filter soon as well. It probably wouldn't hurt to pull it back out and run through things again...It just sucks having to take those bolts back out again, but its better to be right than to have a screwed tranny.

Thanks.

*rebuild in process...too much spent and still not fast enough*
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Got the shift kit installed finally [View all] , Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-14-04 09:46 AM
  RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, soulcontroller, Jul-14-04 09:57 AM, #1
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-15-04 03:08 AM, #2
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, WIKKI, Jul-15-04 07:38 PM, #3
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-16-04 04:20 AM #4
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, Dirty, Jul-17-04 05:18 PM, #5
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-19-04 08:20 AM, #6
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, Dirty, Jul-19-04 03:52 PM, #7
RE: Got the shift kit installed finally, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-20-04 03:53 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3167 Previous topic | Next topic