Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1073
View in threaded mode

Subject: "did the TransGo sunday (looong!)" Previous topic | Next topic
WIKKIJun-02-03 07:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1073, "did the TransGo sunday (looong!)"

Well, I did the shift kit on sunday. It went like clockwork. with no issues other than the piston seals didn't want to wrap around the pistons very well. when I put the body back into the trans (the third time that I have ever done this) it seemed to bottom out just before it made contact with the transmission. I thought that it was probably my imagination, so I pushed just a little harder. everything fit together, I filled the trans with ATF+3 (yes I replaced the trickshift synthetic) and set off to test it out.
well I put it in reverse...sounded good. put it in drive..CLUNK! WTF!
so I checked the fluid again, and topped it off a little. put it in gear...CLUNK! (it's not really that loud or traumatic, it is just really immediate). so I took it for a test drive. the car drove great. the shifts were really positive. so I put the overdrive on and began my trek to the freeway. as soon as it tried to shift into overdrive, it went into 2nd gear lockup.. WTF!
so it looks like I will be pulling it apart on my next available day. I am really thinking that the O.D. piston seal slipped while I was installing the valve body.

By the way. was anyone aware that Chrysler now has a reusable pan gasket for our cars? I about shit my pants. no more rtv! (or risk of poluting your fluid with rtv particles). I bought it for about $40, and it works like a charm

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

did the TransGo sunday (looong!) [View all] , WIKKI, Jun-02-03 07:27 PM
  RE: did the TransGo sunday (looong!), amljbs, Jun-02-03 07:49 PM, #1
RE: did the TransGo sunday (looong!), Joe B Slow, Jun-02-03 07:50 PM, #2
RE: did the TransGo sunday (looong!), WIKKI, Jun-02-03 08:10 PM, #3
RE: did the TransGo sunday (looong!), soulcontroller, Jun-02-03 08:27 PM, #4
RE: did the TransGo sunday (looong!), WIKKI, Jun-02-03 08:55 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1073 Previous topic | Next topic