Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 7 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3894
View in linear mode

Subject: "How many people have rebuilt there own transmission?" Previous topic | Next topic
jam013200Dec-10-05 10:36 AM
Member since Jun 26th 2005
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3894, "How many people have rebuilt there own transmission?"

I have the motor and tranny out right now and both need rebuilding. I have rebuilt several engines before but never a transmission. I was going to buy the ATSG Manual for our transmission and have a go at it, I was wondering how many people have rebuilt it successfully?

Transmissions are way more complicated than engines (in my opinion) so if there is anyone how there with good advice can you pass it along?

My plan was to get a master rebuild kit with new clutches and steels, Diff. safety pins, and a shift kit. Anything else (besides final drive gears) I would need? I have read the FAQ on this and plan to upgrade to the components mentioned in that article but are there hard parts that should be replaced?

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How many people have rebuilt there own transmission? [View all] , jam013200, Dec-10-05 10:36 AM
  RE: How many people have rebuilt there own transmission?, InFiNiT3, Dec-10-05 10:49 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3894 Previous topic | Next topic