Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3493
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive" Previous topic | Next topic
GregsJan-31-05 10:25 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2003
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3499, "RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive"
In response to In response to 5
Jan-31-05 10:26 AM by Gregs

Thanks for your help, Franklin!

I will check all what you've said.
Maybe I can give more info: the car has about 88,000 miles, year 1997.

I checked the fluid on level surface, but in P position, normal operating temperature and it was normal. Also no smell, normal colour. The fluid was changed about 10,000 miles ago, together with pan filter.

Today I drove the car around for about 5 minutes, just to reach working temperature of motor. I don't know if this is enough, but I checked the fluid in transmission like you told me to and it wasn't hot.

What I can say is also this: the car is not working normally in idle as it should: it's shaking a bit. I thought it was because of water pump replacement and that timing belt wasn't correctly installed, but the mechanic opened it again it it has virtually no deviation (1 milimeter). You can also feel the car want's to move, juuuuust a little bit, but it doesn't have "power" to move. As I spoke to other guys, the diagnosis might be some switch or lamellas in transmission (at the clutch or something, I don't know I am not mechanic).

Maybe any new idea or opinion?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Problems are, problems will be, who gives a duck.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Automatic transmission: failing to drive [View all] , Gregs, Jan-28-05 02:55 PM
  RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-28-05 03:17 PM, #1
RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, 420a2ner, Jan-28-05 06:19 PM, #2
RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, EclipseTenzoR, Jan-28-05 06:26 PM, #3
      RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, Gregs, Jan-29-05 05:31 AM, #4
           RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, Franklindsm, Jan-30-05 06:08 PM, #5
                RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, Gregs, Jan-31-05 10:25 AM #6
                     RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, Franklindsm, Feb-01-05 07:20 PM, #7
                          RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, 55shot98, Feb-18-05 04:29 PM, #8
                               RE: Automatic transmission: failing to drive, InFiNiT3, Mar-02-05 11:35 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3493 Previous topic | Next topic