Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3139
View in linear mode

Subject: "Controlling the solenoid directly?" Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonJul-09-04 02:15 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3139, "Controlling the solenoid directly?"

I am not an auto tranny guy but I ended up with one anyways and 2G parts cars are too far and few in between for me to do a manual swap. Anyways, is there a way to directly control the shifter solenoid? Seeing as how it makes a racheting sound when I shift (apparently normal), my guess is that it's not the stick that is controlling the gears, it is a solenoid somewhere that is being actuated by a cable. So is there a way to directly control the solenoid with out the stick? It'll help get rid of that whole anit-automatic stigma. Not to mention having no shifter would look bitchin, IMO. I am thinking either an electronically controlled solenoid with "x" amount of positions to actuate the cable or some way of circumventing the cable altogether and only messing with the main solenoid.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Controlling the solenoid directly? [View all] , BumpinTalon, Jul-09-04 02:15 PM
  RE: Controlling the solenoid directly?, Brent Pottle, Jul-12-04 05:17 AM, #1
RE: Controlling the solenoid directly?, BumpinTalon, Jul-12-04 12:51 PM, #2
      RE: Controlling the solenoid directly?, 97whitESi, Jul-13-04 03:31 AM, #3
           RE: Controlling the solenoid directly?, mcgyvr, Jul-13-04 04:11 AM, #4
                RE: Controlling the solenoid directly?, BumpinTalon, Jul-13-04 08:28 PM, #5
                     RE: Controlling the solenoid directly?, mcgyvr, Jul-14-04 04:00 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3139 Previous topic | Next topic